Built-in Cabinetry – Storage Solutions for Your Home0
Built-in cabinetry is so hot right now! A quick Google search will show you just how popular custom-made options for storage in the home are. And rightly so – customising your storage space makes perfect sense, allowing you to maximise every inch of available space in your home and at the same time create something really special.
Here are just some ideas of how built-in cabinetry can be used in some of the rooms of your home.
- Custom-made drawers to fit under your bed
- Walk-in wardrobes with designated spaces for everything from shoes to ties & jewellery – making it easy to get dressed in the morning
- Carpenters can build bunk beds with built-in desks or bookcases
- Deep drawers are great for hiding toys away
- Bookshelves will keep the room tidy
- Built-in TV units and bookcases are increasingly common in both old and new houses. There are so many different designs, from options that will hide everything away, to decorative floor-to-ceiling units where everything is on display
- Cupboards or drawers to hide children’s school bags or shoes
- Hooks for hanging coats and umbrellas
- Kitchen designers can maximise space by using drawers instead of cupboards
- Ventilated drawers for non-refrigerated foods
- Integrated garbage bins
- Island benches custom-designed to suit your needs
- Fold-out ironing boards
- Hidden clothes hampers
- Linen cupboards
- Narrow shelving above toilet cisterns
- Custom-made vanities
- Storage hidden behind mirrors
There are so many options available. Don’t forget to make use of the area under the stairs – it can be perfect for a cellar, bookcase or home office. Home offices can also be built into a kitchen or bedroom. Consider utilising the ceiling space or underneath the floor to store items that you don’t need to access regularly.
Sites like Pinterest give hundreds of examples of how you can maximise the space in your home with custom-made cabinetry. Often these solutions are as beautiful as they are practical. For general storage solutions for your home check out Build Local’s Carpenters, Builders and Kitchen renovation companies listings or feel free to give us a call on 02 49366732 if you need some help.
Click here to visit our Facebook page.